Q: Can I use DVD Ghost in Windows 98?
A: The current version of DVD Ghost supports Windows 2000 and Windows XP. The update version will support more operating system, including Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
Q: I have received an online delivery email with download URL and register code, how to download it?
A: 1. Open Internet Explorer, paste the download link to your Internet Explorer address;
2. Press "Enter" and click "Save" in the pop up download box;
3. Specify a folder to save the software into your hard disk, you will begin to download the software;
4. After download finishing, click "Open" to install it onto your computer.
Note: If you have ever installed the trial version of DVD Ghost on your computer, please uninstall it completely before you install the full version.
Q: I download and register with the serial number you have sent me, have got successful register info and restart the program, but the register box keeps pop up.
A: If trial version installed first, please completely remove the original trial installation, then download the full version, install and register with the serial number you received.
Q: How to install DVD Ghost?
A: It depends on the way you buy the software.
1. Register number by email. You can download and install most updated DVD Ghost trial version from our website and register with the registered number you obtain from us by email.
2. CD setup disc. Run setup program supplied with CD and follow the steps to carry out installation.
3. Online download. After you have completed an order, you will receive an order confirmation email which will provide you a designated website to download DVD Ghost setup files.
Q: I download DVD Ghost and get no serial to use with trial, it will not do anything but stay on the buy or register window.
A: Just click "later", you will be allowed to use the software for a limit period within 21 days.
Q: Can DVD Ghost bypass any regional codes? Why when I put a DVD to play a 'Confirm Region Code' menu still pops up?
A: 1. Please make sure you log in as Administrator;
2. Check “Main” menu to see whether your DVD software has been detected by DVD Ghost, if yes, the application icon and name will appear after Current DVD Software;
3. Open “Applications’ window to check if the DVD software listed, if no, please manually add it;
4. Do you have dual burners? If yes, please go to “Settings” window to specify the DVD drive that loads DVD disc as the default one;
5. Remove DVD Ghost and reboot your system, if the original installation folder still exists, please delete it first then install DVD Ghost.
Q: How do I know whether DVD Ghost supports my DVD player/backup applications?
A: DVD Ghost supports multiple popular DVD playback/backup applications, all the supported applications have been listed in the “Applications” window.
Just go to “Applications” window to check whether your DVD player/backup applications have been listed in or not. If no, please manually add it in.
Q: My favorite DVD player/backup software is not listed in the “Applications” window, how to add it in?
A: Go to “Applications”, click “Add”, specify the target DVD player/backup software’s directory, add the .exe file. The target software will be added, with software name and icon displaying in the list.
Q: I have copied a region protected DVD by DVD copy software successfully, but the copied DVD movie still doesn't play in my regular DVD player with the same massage “PLAYBACK PROHIBITS BY AREA LIMITATION.”
A: DVD Ghost does not support all DVD copy software. Please try to copy the DVD movie to your hard disc by DVD Ghost to remove the region protection first, then burn it.
Q: I have purchased a serial number and it is not accepted!
A: Please make sure you are typing in the registration code. It is pretty common to accidentally type in the product # or order #. Scan down your order e-mail to the line that says "serial number : " and the number right after that is your serial number !
Q: I have not received my registration code! Isn't it about time?
A: Do not panic! In many cases, there may be a processing delay. Sometimes people have supplied the wrong e-mail address. In rare cases, the registered users are unreachable due to mis-configured e-mail clients or privacy control.
Q: I want to evaluate DVD Ghost before purchasing, where to download it? And what's the difference between the trial version and the full version?
A: We offer a free trial version for the customer to experience. You may download it from http://www.region-free-dvd.com/download.html.
The trial version does work as register version, only with time limitation. Trial version can only be used for a short time after every time launching and is limited to be 21 days of validity.
Q: How to purchase DVD Ghost?
A: We offer an online purchase link which is encrypted and secure. Just go to www.region-free-dvd.com/buy.html to fill in your payment information, immediate online delivery or CD-ROM (costs an addition fee $12.50) will be available!
In addition the on line credit card order, the following orders are also available:
Credit Card Order by Fax: Click https://secure.avangate.com/order/checkout.php?PRODS=4594738&QTY=1&CART=1&REF=visit_id-140411091424042_4470 to go to the fax order form. Fill out the applicable information, and send the form
to the fax number located at the top of the form.
Check / Money Order: Click https://secure.avangate.com/order/checkout.php?PRODS=4594738&QTY=1&CART=1&REF=visit_id-140411091424042_4470 to go to the check order form.
Fill out the applicable information, and send the form with payment to the address located at the top of the form.
Credit Card Order by Phone: To place your order by phone call us with your credit card information ready at one of
the numbers below:
Toll Free (US and Canada only): 888-447-1175
Standard (International): US 952-646-5558
Fax: US 801-497-9456
Q: I don’t want an online electronic delivery, I’d prefer a CD-ROM to post to my home address, is it available and how to realize it?
A: Yes, CD-ROM version is available but costs an addition fee $12.50. Just select the “Add a CD ROM” option in purchase page. Your CD will be produced and mailed within 24 hours after payment has been received. Shipment by mail can take 3 to 8 business days within the USA and the EU and 10 to 25 business days in other countries and regions.
Q: What info should I prepare for technical support?
A:If your questions cannot be solved yet, please collect the following information and E-mail us. We will respond you as soon as possible:
* Product Order ID
* DVD Ghost's version number
* Your DVD playback or backup software's name and version number that DVD Ghost works with
* Windows Operating System
* Hardware configuration (sound card, VGA card, Image Capturing card) and their specifications
(Please follow below steps to attach your detailed PC config. file in your mail:
click Start->Run, type "msinfo32" in Run window to open "System Information" window, then click "File"->"Export" to save your system info as a .txt file and then attach it to us.)
* The time and process descriptions about your troubles.
* The warning message(a screenshot is strongly recommended)
Note : Please give a detailed time and process descriptions about your troubles and the error message (Please be more specific than "the product does not work.")